Expert Erectile Dysfunction Treatment in Peoria IL
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is another name for impotence. ED is the persistent inability to maintain an erection that is firm enough or lasts long enough to have sexual intercourse. Erectile dysfunction may be caused by physical conditions, including prostate cancer, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease.
The majority of ED cases are caused by the following problems:
- Diabetes can cause damage to the nerves or blood vessels that control the flow of blood to the penis
- Cardiovascular problems can decrease blood flow to the penis through blocked arteries or leaking veins, resulting in erectile dysfunction
- Trauma or surgery in the prostate, bladder, colon, or rectal area can damage nerves and cause ED
- Spinal cord injuries can stop nerve impulses from reaching the penis
- Medications, including some for high blood pressure, can interfere with blood flow to the penis
- Hormone problems caused by kidney or liver failure can result in erectile dysfunction
If you are one of the 25 million men in the US who suffers from ED, Dr. Joseph Banno can help.
Dr. Banno offers free ED seminars once a month at the Surgery Day Center. He will discuss the causes of ED and all treatment options available. A patient advocate will be on hand to give his story. Call for dates and reserve a seat today: (877) 433-2873.
- Significant improvement in the duration of erections
- Improved penile regidity and hardness or erections
- Fifty percent of treated men no longer required oral erection medications (Viagra, Cialis, Levitra, Stendra, Staxyn)
- Pain free treatment
- No adverse events or side effects
- Improved quality of life
Non-surgical Treatments for ED
Generally the first choice in treatment for ED is medication called phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE5) inhibitors. These drugs help the smooth muscles of the penis to relax and increase blood flow by blocking the PDE-5 enzyme. These drugs include Viagra®, Cialis®, Stendra®, and Levitra®.
Self-administered injections using a very small needle can cause a natural erection lasting 30 to 90 minutes.
The Priapus Shot®, or P-Shot, helps men regain their sexual vigor by injecting the penis with your body’s own Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP), which helps to improve the health and vitality of the penis.
This male enhancement shot promotes blood flow to the penis, strengthening the erection and enhancing its size. Patients have also reported increased sensation and greater sexual satisfaction following the treatment.
The Priapus Shot is available on a cash-only basis. Call Dr. Banno’s office at (309) 692-9898 for more information or contact us today.
And for women, there is a treatment called the O-Shot. The O-Shot has been shown to increase arousal, contribute to stronger and more frequent orgasms, and even treat urinary incontinence through the application of PRP. Learn more about the O-Shot.
Surgical Treatment for ED
As a result of his many years in practice treating ED, Dr. Banno recommends and uses the Coloplast Penile Implant for his patients requiring a surgical solution. This implant most closely mimics a natural erection, provides rigidity when inflated and a natural, flaccid appearance when deflated. Watch Dr. Banno perform a penile implant in the video above.
Penile Implant Surgery
Erectile Dysfunction (ED) Treatment in Peoria, Illinois
You don’t have to live with erectile dysfunction. Board-certified urologist Dr. Joseph Banno will conduct a thorough evaluation and explain your treatment options for ED. He sees patients at his Peoria urology office, Midwest Urological Group. Call today at (309) 683-0620 or contact us online.